Published August 11, 2017
Written by: Ulster Grand Prix
Share this article:
It is with much regret that the Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club confirm that a rider was killed following a crash during the Dundrod 150 National race on Thursday 10th August.
35 year old Jamie Hodson from Wigan was involved in an incident at the ‘Joey’s Windmill’ section of the circuit. His brother Rob Hodson was involved in the same accident, but has no serious injuries.
An experienced rider, Jamie was the reigning Manx GP Supertwins champion, and this year achieved a top 10 finish in the TT Lightweight race.
The Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club would like to express its sincere condolences to Jamie’s family and friends and requests that their privacy is respected at this difficult time.
- Motorcycle education project for young people launched by MCE Ulster Grand Prix with Department of Justice funding
- Tickets now on sale for 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix
- Pre-entry form for newcomers
- Church service for riders and fans on 22nd October
- MCE UGP organisers announce big changes to grow event and enhance safety