Published August 21, 2017
Written by: Ulster Grand Prix
Share this article:
It is with much sadness that the Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club has learned that English rider Gavin Lupton has succumbed to the injuries he sustained during the Dundrod 150 Challenge race on Thursday 10th August.
The 37 year old from Otley in West Yorkshire came off his bike at the ‘Lougher’s’ section of the 7.4 mile Dundrod circuit. No other riders were involved in the incident.
Gavin, also known as ‘Luppy’, was an experienced and popular rider who had been competing at the Ulster Grand Prix since 2015.
The Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club would like to offer its heartfelt condolences to Gavin’s family, friends and team, and requests that their privacy is respected as they come to terms with his passing.
- Motorcycle education project for young people launched by MCE Ulster Grand Prix with Department of Justice funding
- Tickets now on sale for 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix
- Pre-entry form for newcomers
- Church service for riders and fans on 22nd October
- MCE UGP organisers announce big changes to grow event and enhance safety