Published August 21, 2017
Written by: Ulster Grand Prix
Share this article:
It is with much sadness that the Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club has learned that English rider Gavin Lupton has succumbed to the injuries he sustained during the Dundrod 150 Challenge race on Thursday 10th August.
The 37 year old from Otley in West Yorkshire came off his bike at the ‘Lougher’s’ section of the 7.4 mile Dundrod circuit. No other riders were involved in the incident.
Gavin, also known as ‘Luppy’, was an experienced and popular rider who had been competing at the Ulster Grand Prix since 2015.
The Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club would like to offer its heartfelt condolences to Gavin’s family, friends and team, and requests that their privacy is respected as they come to terms with his passing.
- Ulster Grand Prix riding high with shortlist success at 2018 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards
- Ulster Grand Prix celebrates completion of inaugural Motorbike Awareness Project
- MCE Ulster Grand Prix organisers introduce compulsory training for newcomers
- Motorcycle education project for young people launched by MCE Ulster Grand Prix with Department of Justice funding
- Tickets now on sale for 2018 MCE Ulster Grand Prix