Published June 19, 2015
Written by: Ulster Grand Prix
Packed programme of family fun and entertainment to take place from the 3rd-8th August
Fans of the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix can look forward to the biggest ever Bike Week at Dundrod this August, with more events and entertainment than ever before.
The Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club has been working hard behind the scenes to improve Bike Week ahead of the 2015 races, creating a packed programme of events that has something for all ages.
From quizzes and classic bike displays to stunt shows and live music,
there will be no shortage of action on or off the track, and the legendary Ulster Grand Prix atmosphere and ‘craic’ is not to be missed.
Noel Johnston, Clerk of the Course at the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix said: “We are constantly working to improve the fan experience at Dundrod and a big part of that lies in what we can offer fans when the racing stops.
“We believe that this year we really do have the biggest and best Bike Week we’ve ever had, and with the improvements to camping facilities and bigger grandstands around the circuit it’s shaping up to be another great year.
“Plus as always, we’ll have a host of top racing talent on the grid ready to do battle at the World’s Fastest Road Race.”
Bike Week at the Metzeler Ulster grand Prix runs from the 3rd – 8th August 2015 and fans can purchase wristbands now on www.ulstergrandprix.net
Bike Week programme 2015
Monday 3rd August
- 7pm – Harley Davidson Event
- 9pm – Quiz in aid of injured riders
Tuesday 4th August
- 6.30pm – Classic bike display
- 7pm – Night of Nostalgia exhibition and display
Wednesday 5th August
Dundrod 150 practice – roads close at 12 noon
Evening entertainment (£5 entrance fee)
- 8pm – Young Guns event – Meet the future stars of Road Racing
- 9pm – Night at the Races
- Followed by live entertainment from The Good Times
Thursday 6th August
Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix practice – roads close at 10.30am
Dundrod 150 Races
- 8pm – Magic show with Rodd Hogg
- 8pm onwards – The UGP casino
- 10pm – Miss UGP Finals
- Followed by live entertainment from Stevie Johns
Friday 7th August
Family fun day
- 11am – Meet the Riders event at Topaz Airport Road Service Station
- 1pm – Hugo Duncan Show will broadcast live from the UGP paddock
- 2pm – World Record Challenge
- 5.00pm – Paddock walkabout
- 7pm – Grass Track Racing (weather permitting)
- 7pm – Trials bike display
- 8pm – UGP Supporters Club chat show – legends evening
- Followed by live entertainment from RJ Rocks the 80’s & 90’s
Saturday 8th August
Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix race day – roads close at 9.30am
- CBX Club parade lap
- Chequered Flag party in the evening
- Live entertainment from High Time
There will also be a special exhibition of photographs from the Metzeler Ulster Grand Prix running all week in the Lagan Valley Island Centre in Lisburn, so make sure you pop in and check it out!